INTRODUCTIONS AND GREETINGS

 Introductions 

Formal introduction

Listen and repeat – script 2

Conversation 1: In this dialogue, Mrs. Cossa and Mr. Tembe introduce themselves. 

Mrs. Cossa: Good afternoon. I’m Mrs.Cossa. I’m a Maths teacher. I’m from Gaza.

Mr. Tembe: Good afternoon. I’m Mr.Tembe. I’m an English teacher. I’m from Maputo.

Mrs Cossa: How do you do?

Mr. Tembe:  How do you do?


Conversation 2:  In this dialogue a teacher is introducing a new student to the class.

Teacher: Good morning, class. This is a new student. What is your name?

Student: Good morning, teacher. My name is Miguel.

Class: Hello, Miguel!

Informal introduction

Conversation 2: In this dialogue, Sara and Mila introduce themselves.  

Sara: Hi!

Mila: Hello!

Sara: What’s your name? 

Mila: My name’s Mila. What’s your name?

Sara: My name’s Sara.

Mila: Nice to meet you.

Sara: Nice to meet you.


Conversation 3: In this dialogue, Sara is introducing Paulo to Mila.

Sara: Mila, this is Paulo…Paulo, this is Mila.

Mila: Hello, Paulo.

Paulo: Hello, Mila.


Repeat the dialogues while listening. Did you manage to pronounce and understand it? If you did not, repeat it again. If you did, congratulation! Proceed with the lesson.

   

1.1.3: Grammar focus

Full form                                             Short form

I am                                                      I’m

My name is…                                     My name’s….

I am from….                                       I’m from…

What is your name?                           What’s your name?

Remember: notice the differences between the two forms of introducing yourself to others.


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Click aqui