FAMILY AND FRIENDS

 Greetings

Formal greetings

Good morning / Good afternoon / Good evening

Goodbye!

Goodbye!

 

 

 


Listen and repeat – script 1

Conversation 1: In this dialogue the teacher is greeting a student.

Teacher: Good morning, Paulo. How are you?

Paulo: Good morning teacher. I’m fine, thank you.

Conversation 2: In this dialogue a tourist (Mr Brown) is greeting a boy.

Mr Brown: Good afternoon, young man, how are you?

Boy:  Good afternoon, sir. I am very well, thank you.

Informal greetings

Hello / Hi

Nice to meet you!

Bye!

Conversation 3: In this dialogue two students are greeting each other.

Student A: Hello, Ana.

Student B: Hi, Paulo. How are you?

Paulo: I’m fine, thanks. How are you?

Ana: I’m fine, thanks.

Paulo: Bye, Ana!

Ana: Bye, Paulo!

Practice the conversations again. Pay attention to the pronunciation!

 Introductions

Formal introduction

Listen and repeat – script 2

Conversation 1: In this dialogue, Mrs. Cossa and Mr. Tembe introduce themselves.

Mrs. Cossa: Good afternoon. I’m Mrs.Cossa. I’m a Maths teacher. I’m from Gaza.

Mr. Tembe: Good afternoon. I’m Mr.Tembe. I’m an English teacher. I’m from Maputo.

Mrs Cossa: How do you do?

Mr. Tembe:  How do you do?


Conversation 2: 

 In this dialogue a teacher is introducing a new student to the class.

Teacher: Good morning, class. This is a new student. What is your name?

Student: Good morning, teacher. My name is Miguel.

Class: Hello, Miguel!

Informal introduction
Conversation 2: In this dialogue, Sara and Mila introduce themselves.  
Sara: Hi!
Mila: Hello!
Sara: What’s your name? 
Mila: My name’s Mila. What’s your name?
Sara: My name’s Sara.
Mila: Nice to meet you.
Sara: Nice to meet you.

Conversation 3: 
In this dialogue, Sara is introducing Paulo to Mila.
Sara: Mila, this is Paulo…Paulo, this is Mila.
Mila: Hello, Paulo.
Paulo: Hello, Mila.

Repeat the dialogues while listening. Did you manage to pronounce and understand it? If you did not, repeat it again. If you did, congratulation! Proceed with the lesson.
   
Grammar focus
Full form                                             Short form
I am                                                      I’m
My name is…                                     My name’s….
I am from….                                       I’m from…
What is your name?                           What’s your name?
Remember: notice the differences between the two forms of introducing yourself to others.


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Click aqui