PUBLIC TRANSPORT

 

Reading

I am late because of transport

Claudia: I walk to school these days not because I want to, but because I am forced to. I always arrive five minutes before time, a thing that I never managed to do when I used chapa. It is annoying but unfortunately it's the way it is.

Herasmo: What I don't like is the way chapas operate; they do whatever they want with us. They don’t mind that we may be late for classes or work. The chapa I boarded on yesterday was overcrowded and the driver kept letting more passengers on board. When we complained he scorned us.

 

2.4.2. Vocabulary

Explain the meaning of the following words:

1. board ______ 2. queue ______ 3. traffic jam ____

4. scorned ________

 

2.4.3. Comprehension

Summarize Claudia and Herasmo's complains.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

2.4.4. Grammar

Remember

Modal verbs are auxiliary verbs that are always used in infinitive (either in the present or past tenses).

Form: we form the negative of modal verbs by adding 'not" after it and the interrogative by inverting the verb and the subject.

Here are some modal verbs:

Can/could; may/might; shall/should; will/would; must

> I may arrive on time today. (Affirmative)

> May I use your book? (Interrogative)

>She may not come today. (Negative)

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Click aqui